Sunshine and I typically don’t mix. After all, I am Damned, and despite the fashion trends, I remain quite fond of my pale skin. There’s something to be said about a creature with a healthy undead glow, and I’m partial to not having to worry about getting wrinkles, leathery flesh, sun spots…or those nasty little blisters that crop up whenever I’ve been exposed too long. (Damn do they itch!)
Yet, despite it all, here I am, the unwitting recipient of The Sunshine Award. Thank you, Lisa McCourt Hollar. (I am required to say that, because my mother raised me to be gracious and always appear appreciative of such things.) I would say it must be my personality that earned me such glorious prestige, but I wouldn’t want anyone to choke on their morning cup of coffee and get hurt. Then again, maybe I do…
According to the rules set forth by my conjurer, I must now divulge ten secrets with you, my precious audience. I do so hope you will enjoy the experience as I prostrate myself in supplication and bare the innermost workings of my soul—dark and demented though it be.
- When I get really excited, or think something is too cute . . . I shake. This progresses into my fingers hooking like claws. Eventually, I seize the nearest person or object in sight and squeeze with all my might. It can’t be helped and tends to be a bit painful for all involved. However, it is something I have done since I was a child and probably will never outgrow! Warning: Panda bears can be lethal.
- I avoid the news at all costs. It’s not because I don’t care about what is going on in the world, but because I absorb human emotions like a sponge. My empathy levels are off the charts. This is not something I am proud of, as it often results in me crying often and easily for people I don’t even know.
- Spiders terrify me to the point of giving me panic attacks, and I’m allergic to June Bugs. That said, I adore bats and bumblebees. I even got a bat house this year for my birthday.
- I’m ritualistic when it comes to writing. I have certain songs and soundtracks that I have to listen to in order to get into the flow. My surroundings have to be clean and organized, and candles and Vampire’s Blood incense are preferred.
- I’ve been accused of having OCD by those closest to me. I say see above.
- I come from a very creative gene pool. My beloved mama is a published and award winning poet. She also dabbles in writing and art. I also have a cousin who is an accomplished artist, a few in the music fields, and an aunt who is a prolific poet and writer. Family gatherings are always fun!
- I am fascinated by the concept of angels (both good and fallen) and the walkers said to roam among us. Being born on a Monday, my patron angel is the Arch Gabriel. I guess this explains my lifelong love of the moon!
- I’m convinced muses are more than just the subconscious whisperings of our minds. Too many strange things have happened. Mine also never shut up. Seir likes to offer a running commentary on everything from people in the grocery stores, to whatever happens to be on TV. You try not laughing out loud in public….
- I’m painfully shy and self-conscious. I also worry way too much—or so I am told.
- Last but not least, things are not always what they seem. My eyes are sensitive to light. My mother claims this is due to my “vampire blood.” She may be right. When I was young, my parents had to have my teeth filed. Top and bottom—I had fangs. As a young girl, I once bit my uncle’s leg hard enough to draw blood. My family frequently tells the story of how I smiled up at him soo sweetly and innocently right before I sank my teeth in. *sheepish grin* Some things never change….
So there you have it, my beloveds. Ten of my sacred secrets and thoughts. I do hope you found something in there of interest. If not, that truly is a pity, because as the saying goes… I can tell you, but then…..well, you know the rest. 😉
Rather than pass this along directly to ten other unsuspecting souls, I invite you all to open up and give it a try. Show me what you’ve got. Revealing the truth is not always as simple as it seems.
~Best wishes and happy haunting!~